Snowflake’s native app, the Snowflake Web Interface (also known as the New Web Interface), was designed with a user-friendly and intuitive interface. It was created to cater to various user roles, including data engineers, data analysts, business users, and administrators. The user interface aimed to streamline data management, analytics, and administration tasks within the Snowflake platform.
Some user-friendly features and design elements of the Snowflake Web Interface included:
- Clean and Intuitive Design: The interface had a clean and modern design, making it visually appealing and easy to navigate. It utilized a responsive layout, allowing users to access and manage data from various devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Role-Based Dashboards: Different user roles were provided with tailored dashboards that displayed relevant information and actions specific to their responsibilities. For example, data engineers had access to data warehousing and database administration tools, while data analysts could access data visualization and querying features.
- Interactive Query Editor and Visualizations: The Snowflake Web Interface included an interactive SQL query editor that offered syntax highlighting, code suggestions, and error checking to help users write and optimize queries efficiently. It also supported visualizations for query results, making it easier for users to analyze data.
Other user-friendly features include:
- Task Management and Scheduling.
- Catalog and Data Discovery.
- Security and User Management.
- Documentation and Resources.
Stay tuned for more information about User experience and Usability.