With so much curiosity for the future of AI in the upcoming years, we’ve asked Chat GPT and Google Bard what they think the future holds for their species. We used the exact same prompt: “how will AI’s development look like in 2024?”
First, here’s the gist of Chat GPT’s answer:
Predicting the exact state of AI development in 2024 is challenging. However, we can make some educated guesses based on trends up to my last knowledge update in September 2021.
- Advanced AI Models: AI models will likely continue to grow in size and complexity. Models larger and more capable than GPT-3, such as GPT-4 or similar architectures, may have been developed. These models will be better at understanding context and generating human-like text, potentially blurring the line between AI-generated and human-generated content.
- AI in Healthcare: AI will play an increasingly significant role in healthcare. This could include more accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations, drug discovery, and personalized medicine.
- AI in Autonomous Vehicles: Self-driving cars and other autonomous vehicles will likely become more common, as the technology matures and regulatory frameworks evolve. This will be a critical year for autonomous vehicle development.
- AI and Jobs: Concerns about the impact of AI on jobs will persist. While AI will automate some tasks, it will also create new job opportunities in AI development, maintenance, and oversight.
Now, here’s Google Bard’s answer:
AI development in 2024 is expected to be characterized by the following trends:
- AI will be used to improve healthcare, by developing new diagnostic tools and treatments, and by personalizing care for each patient.
- AI will be used to develop self-driving cars and other autonomous vehicles, which will make transportation safer and more efficient.
- AI will be used to improve security, by detecting and preventing cyberattacks, and by tracking criminals.
- AI will be used to create new forms of entertainment, such as virtual reality and augmented reality experiences.
- AI will be used to automate tasks in the workplace, freeing up humans to focus on more creative and strategic work.
What we found most intriguing is the fact that Google Bard speaks in the first person (as in ‘I am confident’, ‘I think’). On the other hand, Chat GPT does not speak in the first person. Instead, it uses ‘we’.
Food for thought.